On-demand delivery apps are changing the way the market has been working. The conventional “pull” market is now surging towards becoming a “push” market providing a lot of scope for startups and of course the on-demand delivery apps.
What Is an on-demand delivery app?
The basic idea of the on-demand delivery app is to provide customers the convenience to ‘get’ or ‘move’ any item, thing or person from one location to another.
An excellent idea of the on-demand delivery app is Uber cab services. Almost every one of us has used the car rentals anytime in our life. The sheer convenience to book a cab or any service on your mobile, sitting just anywhere has increased the demand for on-demand delivery apps itself.
So, the entire ‘convenience’ has spread like wildfire and now every businessman or budding entrepreneur is leaving no stones unturned to take advantage of getting an on-demand delivery app developed for their business.
The most common and increasing use of these mobile utility apps is seen in the restaurant and food industry. By sheer use of these highly practical applications, a person can manage his restaurant business and deliver fresh and hot food to his customers. With the use of these apps, business management, marketing and selling both have become very easy. Actual on-time sales and delivery have given the business an increase in ROI, while the customers review and rating system on the app has helped market the product or service.
In short with one powerful mobile app, you get everything. Unlike conventional marketing where you used to go to the customers, with on-demand delivery app customers will come to you.
Benefits of the on-demand delivery app
Apart from making your dream of becoming a successful entrepreneur come true, the on-demand mobile delivery app would help you in the following manners:
- Helps in overall management of your business
- Provides a ready platform for marketing
- Active and instant connection and communication with customers
- On point sales, measurable instantly
- Higher growth potential
- Ease of entry into the new market or less market entry barrier
- Quick customer response that allows you to provide improved customers satisfaction
- Approach both domestic and overseas market
You now must be overwhelmed with the benefits of this great idea and must have thought to get this mobile app development services for your business. So, here how to get an on-demand mobile application developed:
- Nature of business:Before you get down on getting the app developed you must know the nature of your business. The on-demand delivery was an initiative of Uber but it has now evaded almost every possible business venture or industry idea. So, the type or nature of your business is the key, whether you are a product based or service base or a medium for provisioning goods/services. It is essential as it will help you understand the kind of mobile app that will suit your requirements the best.
- Area of operation: The very essence of on-demand delivery apps is that they are so versatile. From the local general store to Walmart, businesses and customer can be accessed in and across geographies. So you must determine your area of operations. Whether you will cater to local, domestic or international customers, it will help the developers to understand the scope of your activities.
- Your clientele: Now, this is important to understand. Not every business deals with end users. There are business or service providers who provide their products or services to other businesses. So whom you will be catering to, is very important to design and develop the application is the like manner. Your business can be either B2B or B2C or even both ( in some instances).
- Services or Features in the application:Most of the time the app developers will help you in sorting the elements that you can add to your application depending upon your business type. But it would give a head start to the designers, like set target audience and finalize partners, define the degree of association with app users, keep the scope of features like push notifications, have an incentive or loyalty plan to attract users and most importantly have a corner for reviews and feedback.
- Professional Application developers:since on-demand delivery apps are gaining momentum, there are emerging lot of app development vendors who provide you with such services. But you must be very careful in selecting the vendor. Your app is all that you have got; it’s your first impression and the medium to connect, market and sell your goods or services. So, hire only a professional app development company like Maxtra Technologies that is making a big name in the industry.
So now that you know how to get started with developing an on-demand delivery app, you must not forget the cost that is involved in making it.
Cost of development of the on-demand delivery app
Yes, the element of finance is essential and you must compare the cost of different vendors to make a more informed choice. What I have here is an average estimated cost of getting an on-demand delivery mobile application developed.
Documentation charges are on average cost you about $1500, Designing charges UI/UX can be around $1500-$3000, Development chargers both backend and frontend will be appropriate $5000-$20000; While testing of the developed app will cost you about $1500-$4000.
Most of the app development companies charge you hourly rates, so the total cost will vary with the number of hours required to develop your application. Developing such an application requires altogether very different and professional skill set and a lot of experience. So the total cost of getting the mobile app developed will vary according to the vendor you hire. Now, this again calls for hiring only the qualified mobile app development service providers.
Now, summarising on the use, benefits, and development of the mobile on-demand delivery application, you must know that such mobile apps are the future of every business and industry. The sooner you adapt to it the better is your prospect of having a great future.
Today almost any venture old or new can be turned into a profitable on-demand venture. From food delivery app to booking doctors appointments or booking hotels or flights or bus for travel to even booking vacation rentals, the mobile delivery applications have a great future.
However, it is essential to understand that the nature of your business may not vary with the ever-changing market conditions. Anything that’s in demand today can become obsolete tomorrow. So it is imperative that your mobile application and business plan both must be futuristic.